Monday 12 January 2015

The Return of the King (Of Painting Blogs)

Hello all! Goodness, but it feels like a long time since I have done this. I'm sure I could write plenty of excuses to explain my lack of painting, and some may even be believable, but in the end it comes down to a simple lack of motivation to paint and distraction from other hobbies. I think I am over that hump now, and I should be back to my usual bi-weekly blogging from now onwards! :)

So, this post will focus on the new additions to my Warriors of Chaos army. I will do a post next week (two in a row!) with a review of my painting in 2014, and a look ahead at what I want to accomplish in 2014. The first thing that I have added to my Warriors of Chaos army is 14 more Marauders to bring my unit up to a horde of 30. I also repainted the banner for the unit as I thought it looked pretty bad! I do really enjoy painting Marauders, they just take such a long time compared to the Warriors of Chaos.

The 14 new marauders I have painted. They took a painfully long time to do...
I truly cannot overstate how much of an impact the Horsemen heads have on the look of this unit.
The full unit of 30 as it stands now. I'd like to add another 10 Marauders to bring the unit to a full horde of 40, but perhaps I'll work on something else in the meantime!
The repainted banner. It looked better in my mind, but I'm happy enough with how it worked out!
I have also finished building and converting a new Chaos Lord. The body is that of the armoured rider from the Chariot kit, the head from the Warshrine kit and the arm & shield from the Skullcrushers kit. As conversions go, it isn't particularly exciting, but I do think it's enough to make him stand out (especially with the huge horns!). I find that I really enjoy painting one off models like this, and it cane serve as a nice distraction when other units or projects get a little stale.

I absolutely love this helmet. It really fits the whole Chaos aesthetic.
I often prefer resting poses like this to those that are mid action. I think they allow for a little more personality to be shown.
That's all for this week! I will be back next week for my review of 2014, and I'll discuss what I achieved, what I failed and what I want to do in 2015. It will be absolutely riveting reading, I assure you. I'll try to break it up with plenty of pictures!

Here's a sneak preview of my full Warriors of Chaos army for next week!

"Hello, we're here to talk to you about our lord and saviour, Khorne."

4 comments:

  1. Awesome post, great to see you back in the painting saddle again! Looking forward to more posts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man :) I should put up another post on Monday with my full Warriors of Chaos army as it currently stands!

      Delete
  2. I have always loved the chaos warriors. Their aesthetic is just amazing. Very brutal and sinister. Yours are looking great...and I have the utmost respect for fantasy players who sit there and paint the rank and file with such detail and care. It's really lovely when you see them like this on the tabletop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude! I'll admit that I did start to wonder if painting this unit would ever end (it's about 6 weeks of work there!), but I'm glad to have put the effort in now it's done!

      Delete