Monday 14 July 2014

The Shieldwall Grows

Hello again! I've again been busier than I expected to be in these last two weeks and only have eight more models to show for it. I think I'm going to have to push back my expected finish date for the Anglo-Danes to around the middle of August, which should still give me plenty of time to paint the remaining 800pts of Warriors of Chaos I need to get done for November. And then, maybe, I can get started on my Eldar! Did I mention that I had started an Ork army as well? Plus the small matter of a Lord of Skulls to assemble and paint...

First world hobby problems aside, I have really been enjoying painting these models. The details are really crisp and clear, and I would recommend the Gripping Beast plastics to anyone looking to pick up Saga. By far my favourite part of the model is the shield; I love the level of variety they bring to the painting and the way they look when arrayed in a shieldwall. When I start my Scots, I have some exciting plans for freehand on the shields, so keep an eye out for them later this year! :)

I hope to get more than eight models done for next week, and hopefully I'll be a little less busy and get a chance to do it! Anyway, on to the pictures! :)

With these eight warriors finished, I've done all sixteen I need for my Anglo-Danish force.
Again, the details on the faces were easy to pick out.
Thanks to painting these shields, I am much less afraid of painting white than I used to be.
The shieldwall so far :)
I'm looking forward to giving these guys their first blooding this week!
I'm really loving the way these guys are turning out and looking forward to getting them finished.
That's all for now! I'll be back again in two weeks time with some Dane Axe wielding Hearthguard. And maybe I'll have something to show for my little side project that's been on the back burner for a little bit, but enough of that for now!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment