Monday, 16 June 2014

The Three Riders of the Apocalypse

Hello there! Thank you to everyone who looked at my last post! It's been my post popular so far, and I'm not really sure why, but I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to have a look :)

I've spent the last two weeks working on a unit of three Skullcrushers, completing a 1,600pts Warriors of Chaos army. Since I started this blog four months ago, I've painted 69 models, which is more models than I painted in the whole of last year. I'm absolutely certain I would never have been able to paint at this rate if it wasn't for my blog, so I'm definitely glad I started it!

I now only have another 900pts left to paint for the Raze and Ruin fantasy tournament in November, and I am definitely well on course to do this! In fact, I'm going to be taking a break of 1-2 months from painting my Warriors of Chaos to work on other things; mostly an Anglo-Danish war band for Saga and finally getting some real work in on my Eldar. I aim to finish the Anglo-Danes and have a test model ready to go for my Craftworld by the end of July, which I think I can comfortably do :)

I was also able to get up to Warhammer world and take a few photos of the whole army on one of the display boards, so I've put those pictures at the end.

The full unit. I gave the Juggernauts a second glaze of Bloodletter to give them a slightly different look to the riders.
I've continued with the theme of flesh banners throughout all the units.
I'm really liking how good the technique I use to paint the armour is looking.
The details on the helmet were surprisingly easy to pick out.
This is definitely my favourite pose in the whole unit.
The juggernaut heads have a lot of character and aggression in the sculpts, and I wanted to bring that out with the painting.
Here's the full 1600pts army as it currently stands.
I've already made both these units of Warriors of Chaos 18 strong, and the Marauders now sit at 30!
I'm really happy with how cohesive the army looks.
You can see the original blog posts for all these units in the links below:
This post has gone on for far too long, so I'll end it here :) Hopefully next week I will be able to show the first finished Saga models for my Anglo Danes, so expect something slightly different next week!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a comment