Hello again! This would be blog post number two :) My main focus with this post was improving the photography, and I think I've done a fairly good job. It's amazing what you can achieve by taking a camera off automatic!
Anyway, on to the miniatures! In the last two weeks, I have finished off a second unit of Chaos Warriors and completed my Chaos Lord. I have still been enjoying painting these models, but I came somewhat a-cropper whilst painting the unhelmeted faces; somehow I have managed to avoid painting faces for most of my miniature painting career, and so I had little experience in doing it. I think I have done an okay job, but I definitely have a lot to learn. Next up are some Marauder Horsemen, who will definitely be a trial by fire in that respect!
Onto the pictures! :)
|The full unit of Warriors with two hand weapons|
|I have completed the first test base for the snow effect I will be using, and I'll hopefully have added it to all these bases by my next post.|
|For one of my first attempts at painting a face, this isn't too bad!|
|I wanted to try and make this banner very different to the banner for the other unit. I definitely prefer how I did the previous one.|
|I am really very pleased with the layering on the cloaks|
I started painting my Chaos Lord whilst I was waiting for a wash on the cloaks to dry. In the end, he took just over a day to do, and I am very happy with the results. I am especially proud of capturing the layers of the cloaks.
|I was certainly expecting this guy to take longer than he did!|
|I definitely still have a long way to go with faces, but I think I'm showing improvement in painting them already.|
|I think I did a good job on the cloak :)|
|Here is the complete army as it currently stands... Also, a teaser of my incredibly high-tech set up! ;)|
I think I'll conclude this blog post here for now! I am currently working on my unit of Marauder Horsemen, and I am really looking forward to sinking my teeth into them. They are truly great, characterful models and will also give my plenty of practice with faces! My aim for the next post is to be able to show off at least five fully painted Horsemen and the snow added to the bases of my Warriors.
Thanks for reading! :)