Tuesday 14 October 2014

Warriors and Heroes

Hello all! First of all - let me apologise for messing up slightly - I somehow got my blogging schedule all wrong and I should have made a post last week rather than this week! I'm sure you were all sat around in a malaise last week waiting, and I am sorry that I didn't deliver!

I have finished my second unit of Chaos Warriors (with two hand weapons) and also an Exalted Hero on Daemonic Mount. I have also finished my unit of 10 Chaos Knights, but they'll come in the next blog post! My army for Raze and Ruin, which is a Fantasy tournament I am attending on the 18th and 19th of October, is now completed. I am pretty chuffed with the results, especially given that I had absolutely nothing even built for it at the start of the year. I've been keeping a running total this year, and I am currently on about 130 models, which isn't too bad!

Now I've finished this list for Raze and Ruin, I think I'll paint a couple more units as a treat and move onto something else. My Sorylians for Firestorm Armada beckon, as do my now infamously unpainted Eldar. There's also a slowly building collection of 30k Iron Warriors to consider, but they'll not be started until at least next year.

Anyway, onto the pictures! :)

I think having the helmet in the copper colour draws the eye to the models face, especially as he sits in the middle of the unit of Knights.
I used the character head from the Chaos Chariot kit.
The six models I have painted to add to the unit.
My old metallic paints finally gave up the ghost, so these are the first models I have painted with the new Citadel Paints. I can't see any difference at all.
The unit of 18 Chaos Warriors as it now stands. Variously this unit has been called the 'Khorne-mower' or the 'Khorne-bine Harvester'.
As above, I really can't tell any difference between the metallics on this model and those on either side of him.
I am really proud of the layering I've done on the cloaks - I think it works really well.
That's all for now! Thanks for reading, and wish me luck for this weekend! :)

The next post will feature the full unit of Knights and I'll let you know how my Raze and Ruin went! :)

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Seeing your beautifully painted army is making me want to start a fantasy army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should! Now is a really good time to get into the game :)

      Delete